Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why bother...No one will listen anyway

Back in the not so distant future, I was told by a very dear "friend" that it would be useless for me to persue my personal trainer certification while here in this small town where I currently reside. She did not believe that I would be able to put it to good use. In her opinion my opinion and ideas wouldn't hold any weight (pardon the pun) around here. When I questioned her on exactly why she thought so, she told me it was because I was "never fat".

So for starters I depise the "F" word. I do not use it in my home or around my children especially. The only thing my children know about fat (from my teaching anyway) is Fat as a macronutrient (along with carbohydrates and protein). And yes there is good fat...that's a whole other subject all together....


So back to my "friend"...she was partly right, I have never been overweight by medical standards but certainly by society's. I have never had to shop in a plus size store or section of a store. And although I spent most of my youth being teased and bullied, it was never about my weight.


BUT...with that said, despite the fact that I was never "the f-word" I was unhealthy and terribly out of shape. In fact it is a road that I too still travel today. You see, knowing and not doing is the same as not knowing....and I knew for a long time but there was a lot of that time that I did not practice that I preached and even what I deep down believe in the deepest depths of my heart. I was eating lots of unhealthy food (in addition to the good stuff), I was not exercising and challenging my body on a consistent basis and my thinking was sabotaging my efforts with contaminated negative thought processes.

I believe in the power of healthy eating (lots of good, natural healthy food).

I believe in the power of being active and moving my body that I have been blessed with as fully functioning.

I believe in the power of healthy, positive thinking! (this is a HUGE one). It is our thoughts that create our feelings and those thoughts and feelings have immense control over our successes and failures as well as the way we show up in the world!


So my business which is in the developing/expanding phase right now is about Healthy Balance and just what that balance is for you might be different for what it is for me. I may need to focus more on my emotional or spiritual development while you might need to work on your physical health or vice versa.


Bottom line is that while we are all travelling this road, we are all at different points along the way. In the end, we are all the same. We are all spirits in a physical body and those bodies look and act differently. But we can help each other, we can uplift and encourage each other - we can support each other and that is what I am all about. It isn't about being skinny, it's about being healthy, and I mean ALL AROUND health, all aspects.


I am on my way to developing my emotional, spiritual and physical body and it is my intention to share all that I can with you along the way. If there is any way that I can support and encourage you please do not hesitate to ask....I might just ask the same of you!



So be kind to not only those around you but be kind and gentle with yourself! Do not focus on the things that you are not or have not been but focus on what you are and have and how far you have come! Do not look at the 3 things that you didn't cross off of that to do list today but the 7 things that you did do! Each day is a process, be kind with yourself and gentle; that spirit of yours is fragile (even if we don't liek to admit it) and you are your own worst critic!

I bet you don't look at others and judge them the way that you judge yourself?!?! If I was a gambling woman, I'd put money on it!
Health and Happiness

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. hey there beautiful! love reading this and seeing that you are doing so well! hugs~love you!~Sheridan

    ReplyDelete