Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Hump Day! Wednesday, April 20, 2011


People, me include, often have trouble setting goals. We too often fear setting goals that are too far removed from our current state that the possibility of "failure" deters us from even trying! I recently had a bootcamper tell me that she doesn't set goals because that way she can't fail. I was really put back by this statement but the truth is when I thought about it, we all do that don't we? I know I sure do!
Just something to think about....

Gratitude
I am very grateful for my health. Getting sick over the weekend and now battling a cold really makes you appreciate being strong and healthy and the fact that I have the ability to fight it and ultimately get srtonger!


Nutrition
So today is the third day of my sugar free journey. I think that getting sick over the weekend with that stomach bug (or whatever it was) and now being smothered with a head and chest cold had really been a gift to me in terms of getting my nutrition back on track too. My appetite has not been the best so I am being very consious of listening to my body and truly eating when I am hungry and feeding my body what it needs.
I feel much better though since going off the sugar already. Maybe a coincidence, but I doubt it. I usually respond well pretty early on when I start cutting the crap out. I am sure it will be reflected on the scale too eventually but that isn't a big concern so I haven't checked and don't really plan to. I just want to be strong and fit and healthy (but a little leaner is an added bonus for sure!)

Yesterday was a good day.
Golden pancakes
salad with chicken
lean burger with lettuce, tomato, light mozza on whole wheat bread
yogurt and strawberries (the only added sugar of the day)
1/2 c. of skim milk.

Tomorrow is Kenny's birthday, still undecided if I will have any of that cake or not....time will tell I guess, lol.

Workout
Yesterday I took it easy. I did a little with my class last night but not enough to call it a workout.
Today is back at my weights and hopefully maybe a hill walk on the treadmill after if the body is up to it. Paying attention and being in tune with my body is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment