Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On the mend...

This is what I looked like for the past week or more....

Well I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time that a cold or flu has kicked my butt like this one. I have not posted in a week nor have I tasted anything in an equal amount of time...in fact, maybe longer!

The no sugar plan was going very well, but finally yesterday after a full week of not being able to taste anything I was desparate for some flavor. I had an iced cap from Tim's and some of my favorite Five Star cookies. Needless to say I didn't enjoy either as I had hoped and I was made painfully aware of just how crappy I feel when I consume too much sugar!

So the congesttion is finally starting to clear and I can get a hint of some taste from my beautiful breakfast of oat/cottage cheese/egg panckes and strawberries so I am back full force into my sugar free life! Won't you consider joining me?

And Mom, I can hear you now...."But I don't know what to eat?!?!" with a cry of frustration...just eat REAL food. Fruit, veggies, nuts, low fat dairy products (be wary of flavoured yogurt and its array of sweetners), meat, poultry... Just avoid the pre-packaged convenience foods and you will be just fine!

On the workout front things have been very quiet. Got a great walk in with the kids on monday but was wiped when we got back. I do find that my energy drains very quickly. Last night I bootcamped it with my sole participant and it felt great, but it was tough. This morning I did a 25 mins weights workout with DB presses and rows and some deadlifts, slightly higher reps and little rest between sets. It did feel awesome to get back at it but I am taking it easy. Hoping to get some bag work in this evening though.

Today will be the day to get groceries and prep some food and investigate some more recipes. I have been trying to organize all of the awesome, healthy recipes that I have to start experimenting more and adding more variety to the family's fare.

So all in all things are looking up. I had been on quite a roll with great consistency for the past month with both my nutrition and exercise but life got in the way for the past week and threw me for a loop. But that is life, it is what happens. We learn to deal with it and just move on, get back on track, re-focus on your goals and jump back in with both feet! Let's get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment