Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Terrific Tuesday, April 12


It isn't about having a "perfect" body, it's about having and being YOUR best!
Stop comparing yourself to others and coveting what other people have and you will realize that you are enough just as you are, as long as you learn to love and recognize the potential that it already within you.
I have been given a healthy and able body, it is MY choice how I use it (or abuse it). Do you show gratitude for the body that you have been given?

Gratitude
Well we already know that I am so grateful for my physical health but today, I am also grateful for my mental health. I blogged a while back about seasonal affective disorder and how I am a sufferer. I have made it to the end of another winter which even greater success than in past years; thanks to my nutrition, my happy lite and my husband's and children's love for the outdoors!
 Being open and honest about SAD and talking about the "darkness" and the "energy zappers" really made me feel good both here and amongst friends. Coming from a family that struggles with mental health issues that spans from depression and anxiety to bipolar disorder to schizophrenia as well a variety of addictions (the joys of coming from HUGE families on both sides), mental health and wellness is of great value to me.

Nutrition
French toast (multigrain bread and 2 eggs), SF syrup, skim milk
yogurt, apple, pecans
chicken, rice, veggies (leftover)
protein shake, rice cakes
chili pork, brown rice and black beans
muffin pan quiche, banana

Workout
Today is an "off" day from weights but I am going to have some fun with my punching bag. A 20-30 minute workout with my bag and bootcamp tonight with my peeps!
Just get moving! A little something every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment